Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Declutter your life and feel the anxiety melt away!!!

Does this remind you of a space in your home????


Or how about this????




Painful huh??? If you are anything like me, you are feeling somewhat stressed and anxious just looking at these photos.

Clutter leads to stress and anxiety! Take 15 minutes today to declutter one area of your life. Start small (maybe a drawer) and pick one new area a day to declutter and I promise you will start to watch the anxiety melt away. There is nothing like waking up to a clean and organized living space. Start today!!!

Here is a link I found helpful in my journey to declutter my life:

http://zenhabits.net/zen-mind-how-to-declutter/

Here are some clean and organzied spaces that bring me peace and calm:

Plantation Sunroom tropical family room

Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary family room

3 comments:

  1. Erin, I think that the owner of the second photo is suffering from a case of hoarding! :) It's funny that you posted this because one of the things I am having to get used to in married life is sharing a space with someone who is not as anal as me when it comes to cleaning! I hate having to clean up Rafi's messes and am in a bad mood if my area is not clean everyday! Clean house, clean mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was just going to say that the top photos weren't just cluttered, they must be taken from an episode of hoarders. I feel like I can finally breathe when I look at the bottom pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...yeah I was going for the shock factor :) and it was hilarious because when I was looking for spaces that I liked some of them were a bit cluttered so I wanted to make sure I posted one that wasn't :). Then I just came across this blogpost today on my new favorite website...
    http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/237713?utm_campaign=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery3&d=1&w=147363

    ReplyDelete