Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tap into your creative side...


Ever feel like you are at a standstill in life and you feel somewhat bored and unfulfilled? This happens to me from time to time and this is when I remember to tap into my creative side. I was raised thinking that I was not any good at the 'arts' so I never took any art, drama or choir classes  (I was an athlete and a scholar). Maybe this was a blessing in hindsight because I certainly can't carry a tune, tell a lie without getting red in the face or draw/paint to save my life :) ; however, I do believe that EVERYONE has the ability to tap into their creative side. For me this creative side is fulfilled through photography. I am not a "good" or even a "fair" photographer but I do LOVE to take a lot of photos. In the recent years I got a SLR camera and I mess around shooting nature and surf photography from time to time. I have decided to only use photos that I have taken to decorate the walls of our new home. Most recently I took a photo that I had taken on our honeymoon in Greece and made it into a canvas to hang in our living room. I cropped the photo to make it look like a panoramic shot. It is supposed to arrive on Thursday and I can't wait! The photo posted above is the one I used. I will post pictures of the canvas when it arrives.

Canvas was made via the website http://www.canvaspop.com/ check it out for more sizes and styles!

6 comments:

  1. I ram sure it will look awesome! I really want to do that too, they recently had a Groupon for this but you had to pick the picture by March :( Let me know how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was from the groupon :) and it worked because I wanted it ASAP. The only downside is that they are fairly expensive. It looks like it is cheap until it doubles in price at the end when it asks if you want it mounted versus just coming flat :(. I can't wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! I love that we can post comments now! Before, I felt helpless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rayzee! I hope to start looking through more of my old photos and pulling some more hilarious ones of us from our past travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do tell what website you found this at...it is just awesome hanging in your room. I saw Costco does Canvases but I wasn't sure what the quality was like...any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  6. To answer your question Erin (Zeller Family) I got the canvas from canvas pop http://www.canvaspop.com/
    because I got a groupon from them :)
    I have seen some from Costco and they looked good too but they didn't have the size I wanted. Look for coupons from canvas pop because I know they tend to have them :)

    ReplyDelete