Monday, January 31, 2011

♥ Monday Mood Modifier ♥

Having trouble getting your week started??? Feeling overwhelmed with your work load for the next 5 days????

Try taking the scenic route to or from work today! I was introduced to a new "scenic route" leading to our community this past week. I discovered within minutes of driving along this road through "Harmony Grove" and "Elfin Forest" (yep those are real names) that I felt a sense of calm come over me. The green rolling hills, babbling creeks, quaint farmhouses (along with beautiful mansions), orchards and horses were enough to transpose me to back to my memorable childhood trips to Colorado. I rated my mood at a whopping "3 out of 10" at the beginning of the drive and by the end of the drive it crept up to a "7 out of 10". Not bad, huh?? To add to the fun, it is rumored that this area is very "spiritual" and possibly even haunted if you believe in that sort of thing. I don't think I will be doing this drive at night :)!

Here are a couple of pictures of this lovely area:

(Image via http://www.whereweride.com/mountain-bike/california/san-diego/elfin-forest/Default.aspx)

(Image via http://www.san-diego-beaches-and-adventures.com/elfin-forest.html)

Happy Monday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I have never driven down that road before, sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is pretty! I looked up a few homes for sale and most are around a million dollars...won't be owning there anytime soon :). I didn't get any creepy vibes but as I mentioned I am definitely not going to be driving through that area at night, ha!

    ReplyDelete