Friday, February 18, 2011

♥ My LOVE of Photos ♥

So I followed my own advice and took a much needed break from the internet in order to LIVE my life rather than blog about it :). This proved to be really relaxing and provided me with much more time to spend with friends and family. I enjoyed a leisurely Valentines with my husband savoring the tastes of the extravagant meal he cooked (grilled shrimp, filet mignon, sweet potato fries, grilled jalapenos, salad and homemade sourdough bread) yummy!!! Spent an evening with my sister, sister-in-law and my little niece who is all smiles and FARTs :) (poor thing has some stomach issues), an evening with two really dear friends, a lunch with my in-laws and some much needed R & R in the jacuzzi with my husband :). Now I am facing this dissertation again and trying to stay focused!

During my time away from the internet I decided to hang some pictures on our wall. Sticking with the theme of using pictures from our travels, I found this task extremely challenging in terms of picking just the right photos (this is when I wish I was not that perfectionist Virgo). A whole day later I completed the task and I am pleased with the results :). Here are some pictures of the photo walls...

I chose rectangular matted photos from recent trips to Greece, Hawaii and Costa Rica for the stairs:




I have an affinity for square and round photos (but didn't find any large round frames so I went with the square for the hallway). Photos are from Mexico, Croatia and Greece:




Rhino has adopted our bathtub and is quite obsessed with it so I thought it was fitting to put one of my favorite photos of him above his new bed :)...this photo was from when we lived in Costa Rica and Rhino was in love with coconuts. He couldn't resist hopping into the photo ♥:


I chose to hang the photo sequence of our first time seeing each other on the day of our wedding right by the shower so that every time we hop in the shower we are reminded of our love for one another (corny but I couldn't resist, ha!):


This one is a work in progress...these clearly are pictures from my most recent trip to Peru. I plan to add three horizontal 4 by 6 prints above and 3 below of other photos to complete the look. In the meantime I enjoy looking at these two 8 by 10's:


These 8 by 10 photos of Trunk Bay on the Island of St. John are hanging in our downstairs guest bathroom:

(Photo's via traveltalkteach)


Happy Friday!!!

5 comments:

  1. Travel photos make me so happy! I have an idea for a whole picture wall I am going to do in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny that Rhino sleeps in the bathtub. But how did the doggie bed get in there in the first place? I'm sure he didn't drag it in himself. You or Chad??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your best guess Rayzee???? CHAD would be the answer to that one :). Now when I clean it and actually take a bath poor Rhino wants to get in and looks at me all confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. rhino pic is my fav! (of course)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about the one of you in front of the giant door in Cusco??? :)

    ReplyDelete