Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our Master Bedroom...

The joy that comes with capturing just the look you imagined in your head is a beautiful thing. I often defer to my friend Kate at http://travelmoonblog.blogspot.com/ or my graffic designer sister-in-law when it comes to design ideas and inspirations; however, this time around I can proudly say that I captured just the look I was going for on my own (or mostly). After the canvas of the photo from our honeymoon in Greece (see http://traveltalkteach.blogspot.com/2011/01/tap-into-your-creative-side.html) arrived in the mail I was momentarily disappointed that it was a bit too small for the spot in the living room where I intended it would hang. Within a few minutes I found the perfect home for the canvas right above our bed. Here are some before and after photos of our nearly complete master bedroom. All that is left is a shelf or dresser under the TV and replacing the 3 inch baseboards with 5 inch baseboards.

Before with hideous olive green and red walls:


After with a little paint, window coverings and some furniture :):








(ALL photos via traveltalkteach)
Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do??? The paint is from Dunn Edwards and the darker accent wall behind the bed is "wooded acre" while the rest of the walls are "almond latte". The decor comes from a variety of places including Pottery Barn, World Market, Pier One, Homegood's, Marshall's and Ross. The shutters and woven wood shades were done by the lovely Deb at Blind Love. The canvas was from a wonderful site called canvas pop....check out their website for more sizes and styles... http://www.canvaspop.com/. The zebra stand will be removed once we find a dresser or shelf for under the TV and if you look really closely you will see my OBSESSION (http://traveltalkteach.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-new-best-friend.html) in the corner of the room :)

Happy Hump Day...Wednesday that is!!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Brittany :)...now I just need to finish the rest of the house but that may take years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! It looks gorgeous! LOVE the canvas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fabulous!! I LOVE the photo above the bed, it adds the right amount of color to the room-I think that it didn't fit in the other space is a blessing in disguise! Can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Girls!!! I agree with you Kate about adding just the right amount of color. The only bummer is that the zebra pillows are not going to be a part of the theme anymore...oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing...love the photo above the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To answer your question Erin (Zeller Family) I got the canvas from canvas pop http://www.canvaspop.com/
    because I got a groupon from them :)
    I have seen some from Costco and they looked good too but they didn't have the size I wanted. Look for coupons from canvas pop because I know they tend to have them :)

    ReplyDelete