Monday, March 21, 2011

♥ Monday Mood Modifier ♥

Make a cozy fire ♥♥♥

Sunny San Diego has been adopting some of Portland and Seattle's rainy characteristics over the past few months and I am beginning to lose my patience. I am either getting old and losing my memory or it truly has been a gloomy winter by San Diego standards. As a way to lift mood and keep warm we made a nice fire in our newly remodeled fireplace (sans the glass, oops).

Grab a cuddle buddy, some hot cocoa and a soft blanket and lay in front of the fire. Activate all of your senses and be in the moment by listening to the fire crackle, smelling the wood burning, watching the ashes illuminate, tasting the sweet hot cocoa on your lips and feeling the warmth of the heat from the flames.

Turn a gloomy rainy day into a relaxing and snug evening!

Before Pictures (this is not a joke...it was really this hideous)...




During...



Our new and improved fireplace with my favorite male model :)...



(Images via traveltalkteach)

Happy Monday!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hang out there and have a fire with the Clarks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree..but lets hope that we don't need a fire because the weather will brighten up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely love this transformation! Makes such a difference :)

    ReplyDelete